Keblinger

Keblinger
This is my blog; where I share all of my thoughts. I address many topics but
mainly weight loss. Take a look around, learn who I am, and what drives me.

Kids!

Sunday, July 28, 2013



Since my last post, I've gotten off my butt and cleaned the house. During this time, the boys have done everything in their power to screw me up. They've been fighting, making messes, not listening, you name it. I can't stand it anymore!


I have an almost 15 year old who takes absolutely no initiative whatsoever. Because he doesn't take initiative, we have to tell him exactly what needs to be done. But, he's the type of kid who needs to be told one thing at a time. When we do that, he complains and says we're mean for making him do chores.

My almost 9 year old is the type of kid who can handle a list of things to do. We give him a list and he gets it done. But, he's also bossy and tries to tell his older brother what to do all the time.

I spend more time keeping them on track than I do actually doing my chores! I can't win! If they had their way, this house would be filthy and we'd have all sorts of creep crawlies in here. Makes me wonder just how they're going to live when they move out. If it's anything like they want to live here, I guarantee you I won't be visiting.

So, what's a mom to do? I've taken away almost all of their privileges and it doesn't work. Everyone who knows me knows my definition of clean so that's not something new. However, if you ask my kids, my definition of clean is about as clear to them as mud. Is this just a boy thing or are some girls like this, too?

I never thought, not for one second, that parenting was going to be easy. However, I did think that I could actually depend on my children to help out once they reached a certain age. My oldest is totally clueless when it comes to helping me. He acts like washing dishes is something Martians taught me.

My husband and I bust our asses every day to make sure these kids are taken care of and provided for. We stress about having the money to take them places and doing things with them. And, this is what we get in return. We took them to the beach yesterday and today we're paying for it. And they wonder why we don't do much with them.

Actions have consequences, good or bad, and the faster these 2 learn that, they better their lives are going to be. I can't believe these kids are as lazy as they are. It's so easy to be lazy and, usually, I'd teach them that lesson by being lazy myself. But, I can't afford to be lazy because then the bills won't get paid. They each have a Directv receiver in their rooms. Maybe I should have them turned off and tell them I was too lazy to pay the full bill. Just to see what they say.

These kids have way more stuff than I ever had and aren't grateful for any of it. It would be so easy for us (the hubs and I) to use our "extra" money on ourselves, our home, or our vehicles, but we don't do that. We work every day to ensure that our kids have better childhoods than we had but we're not just going to give them every little thing they want.

Chores are something that I think all kids should have. It teaches them responsibility, a good work ethic, and pride. After all, mom isn't always going to be there to do it for you. There comes a time in every child's life when parents need to take a step back and let that child learn the hard way. Kids generally don't listen anyway so all of our advice usually falls on deaf ears.

Well, it's time for me to get going. The last of 8 loads of laundry is done and I've got to get it on the line so it dries before dark. Jealous, aren't you? ;)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Bobbi's Babbles All Rights Reserved • Design by Dzignine
best suvaudi suvinfiniti suv