Keblinger

Keblinger
This is my blog; where I share all of my thoughts. I address many topics but
mainly weight loss. Take a look around, learn who I am, and what drives me.

HEALTH UPDATE

Friday, July 26, 2013
Today was my 3 month check up with the doctor and I was nervous, to say the least. I always get nervous when I visit the doctor and I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe it's because I'm obese, or maybe it's because there are so many health issues on both sides of my family. I just don't know.Anyway, here's the update on what happened this morning. My BP was a bit high (140/74) but the doctor said that was probably because I was anxious. She did decide to increase my BP meds to ensure that my BP is more stable. She also recommended that I speak with my therapist about possibly putting me on some anxiety meds. I go Tuesday so I'll talk to her about that then.

My good cholesterol is up from 26 to 31. The goal is to be above 40 because the good cholesterol is a protectant. My A1C level (for sugar) is down from 6.5 to 6.2. The goal is to be below 6. I'm going in the right direction!

My doctor said she was impressed with the progress I've made. That was all I needed to hear this morning to reinvigorate me! I can tell you how awesome I feel! I'm proud of myself and want keep it up. I go back for another check up in January and my goal is to be 20 pounds lighter by then. Oh, according to the scale at the doctor's office, I've lost 10 pounds. 

Okay, time for me to get going to my hair appointment. Beach day is tomorrow and I can't wait to spend some time with my mama and relax (whatever that is....). Have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Bobbi's Babbles All Rights Reserved • Design by Dzignine
best suvaudi suvinfiniti suv