Keblinger

Keblinger
This is my blog; where I share all of my thoughts. I address many topics but
mainly weight loss. Take a look around, learn who I am, and what drives me.

Student Loans are In

Monday, July 15, 2013
Okay, so I was so excited when class was over because it was my last one, right? Yeah, well, I'm not so excited anymore. Last week I received a bill from a lender stating my account was over due. What?! I called and got that sorted out. Today, however, I had to participate in exit counseling as part of my financial aid requirement. That scared the sh!t out of me!
Before I get into what I owe and what my payments are, I first want to ask you this. If I qualified for financial aid doesn't that mean I don't have the funds to pay for school myself? Okay, here's the meat of it. After it's all said and done, I currently owe almost $150,000 in student loans! Do you know what that means? That means my monthly payment is over $1600!

Do you know what else all of this means? It means my days of having "extra" money are long gone. Not only do I have to save every red cent, I also have to take our entire tax refund every year and apply it all to my student loans. Once again, my initial question comes into play. If I couldn't afford to pay for school myself, what makes anyone think I can afford a $1600 a month student loan payment?!

I'm so stressed out about this it's unreal. I've always been terrified of my student loan payment but I didn't think it would be this bad. I have no idea what I'm going to do but, hopefully, I'm going in the right direction. Only time will tell....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © Bobbi's Babbles All Rights Reserved • Design by Dzignine
best suvaudi suvinfiniti suv